In KürzeINGENIEURWESEN/STUDIEN/METHODEN 2023-77061 602 Risley, Warrington, England Befristet Diplom (4-jähriges Studium)
Um das Lesen zu erleichtern, kann auf dieser Seite die maskuline Pluralform verwendet werden; unsere Stellenangebote richten sich jedoch an Personen aller Geschlechter
Electrical Engineer (Building Services) (Client Side)22/03/2023
NUVIA UK are currently recruiting for a number of Electrical Engineers to work within our Technical Services & Consulting department. A fast growing team with opportunities available up and down the country. We're striving to create a multidisciplinary team to offer our clients the best range of talent.
The Electrical Engineers will be embedded into Babcock, on either a contract or permanent basis. Location wise, you can be based out of the client's office in Plymouth or the NUVIA office in Warrington on a hybrid basis. Some travel to the Dockyard in Plymouth would be required on an infrequent basis. We can also offer remote working if this is preferred.
About The Role:
The purpose of the post is:
- To assist the Discipline Lead in delivery of the Electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the Electrical services engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Discipline Lead.
- The post operates as part of the Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications and other documents in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear related plant, facility and equipment within the company's licensed, authorised and operational sites, or in support of external contracts.
- Participate in the problem solving for development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
- Support the review and sentencing of new designs, methodology of construction and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority.
- Supporting planning of activities, with respect to task durations, level of effort and estimated costs, through to provision of design deliverables with regular schedule reviews and progress reporting, utilising Earned Value Management methodologies, and construction support.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job guidance to the junior staff.
- Support development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of Facilities to ensure that they comply with the design intent and DNSP's for Nuclear related Works, together with all relevant Local and National Regulations and Legislation.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Design of electrical building services, to include fire detection and alarm systems, industrial lighting and emergency lighting, site broadcast (PA) and HVAC.
- Sound understanding of company and departmental procedures relating to Health and Safety, Design and quality.
- Ideally Degree or HND in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Ideally Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council or working towards chartership.
- Ideally equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements.
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Ideally Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines.
Warum sollten Sie sich bewerben?
Nuvia - a subsidiary of VINCI construction - is an international company that operates across highly regulated sectors including Civil Nuclear and has a strong presence and history of delivery at nuclear sites in the UK and internationally.
Nuvia is a performance-driven company that is committed to the development of its people within a culture of safety, innovation, and excellence.
Nuvia UK is committed towards equality in employment.
NUVIA est une branche de VINCI, plus grand groupe intégré de concessions et BTP du monde. NUVIA est plus particulièrement l'entité nucléaire du Groupe VINCI et est impliqué dans le cycle de vie tout entier des installations nucléaires, du New Build au démantèlement, en passant par la maintenance et l'exploitation. NUVIA est en croissance constante, avec plus de 2700 salariés dans le monde. En moyenne, 100 hommes et femmes nous rejoignent chaque année. Maintenant, plus que jamais, nous recherchons de nouveaux talents pour soutenir la croissance du groupe.