In KürzeINGENIEURWESEN/STUDIEN/METHODEN Actemium Automation Portsmouth - IT -64444 2763 Waterlooville, England Unbefristeter Arbeitsvertrag
Um das Lesen zu erleichtern, kann auf dieser Seite die maskuline Pluralform verwendet werden; unsere Stellenangebote richten sich jedoch an Personen aller Geschlechter
Actemium Automation - Portsmouth - IT/OT Industrial Network Engineer18/05/2022
At Actemium Automation we deliver complete electrical, software, control, and automation solutions to our customers within the water and wastewater treatment, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries.
We strive to ensure that our customers are 100% happy with the work we deliver. To provide this level of customer service we believe in creating a work environment that inspires our people to be passionate about the work they do, and the opportunity for them to fulfil their full potential. Therefore, we have created an open organisation in which people have fun, feel valued and equal, take responsibility for their roles, share in decision making and are offered continuous development opportunities.
Actemium Automation Hampshire is part of the VINCI Energies group. Being part of this £12.5 billion organisation allows us to provide our customers with the resources, vitality, and strength of a large, global company, while still
delivering local, personalised service. Along with the other business units in the Actemium Automation family, we employ 250+ people at 12 locations across the UK.
Package up to CIRCA £43k (Competitive Salary +Pension + Profit Share Scheme + Share Scheme +25 days holiday)
About the role
Reporting into the Project team leader, the role is to work within one of our Hampshire project teams focusing on multiple industries from Oil & Gas, Water Treatment, Airports, and many others to assist the Project team in delivering IT/OT solutions for automation projects to the company’s key accounts. The role will include the development of Networking and Cyber Security Solutions and services on high value projects in a fast paced and evolving industry sector. The role also includes a significant amount of customer facing duties and some site
work. Our expectations would be for you to be a proactive team player and strive to deliver high quality work and the highest level of customer service.
- Provide expertise in network design, implementation, and testing to support Industrial Automation Control System solutions
- Be responsible for identifying and defining network requirements to support Industrial Automation Control System solutions
- Assist Lead Engineers in achieving project objectives
- Apply integration concepts to a variety of systems and across multiple platforms
- Create engineering standards and network design documentation
- Resolve network/cyber related engineering problems by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
- Enjoy the whole life cycle of delivering projects, from start to finish.
- Interface with customers and suppliers.
- Perform testing with customers.
- Carry out on-site commissioning.
- Compile training manuals and run customer training session.
Required skills and experience:
Competency and experience in Network Design Engineering.
- Experience in writing Network specifications.
- Comprehensive experience with multiple system implementation projects.
Experience in Brownfield upgrades and Network upgrade projects.
- Experience and/or certification in some of the following technologies:
o Virtualisation – VMware ESXi
o MS Active Directory
o Firewalls – Sophos, Fortinet etc
o Switches – Cisco, Hirschmann etc
o Networking (VLANS, STP, VPNs)
o NAS Drives - Synology
o Backup Solutions – Acronis
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, methodologies, and economic principles, with an understanding of the full project Lifecycle processes.
- Highly motivated, well organised, and flexible, with a keen eye for detail.
- Positive, personable, and happy team player who thinks outside the box and pushes boundaries.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Enjoy fostering great relationships both internally and externally with providers & Clients.
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.