In briefDEVELOPMENT / CONSTRUCTION / PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2022-68968 620 Australia International assignment contract Master's degree Beginner
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
V.I.E - Site Engineer, Australia F/M23/09/2022
- Do you want to join a progressive, dynamic and innovative enterprise?
- As a true facilitator, do you like to have all the cards in hand to carry out a project from the moment the file is obtained until the keys are handed over?
- Autonomous and excellent team leader, do you wish to be part of a company that works on exciting projects and allows you to demonstrate your technical and human skills ?
Seymour Whyte is the firm you are looking for ! :)
It is an Australian leading civil engineering company, which delivers major essential infrastructure across the country. Seymour Whyte's areas of expertise range from roads and bridges, rail, tunnelling services, water & wastewater.
We are looking for a V.I.E. Site Engineer F/M who will be exciting to work on projects varying from road infrastructures, hydraulic ones or intervene on civil engineering works (precise location to be defined).
As part of Seymour Whyte's team, you will play a key role in supervising a specific worksite area.
Your main missions are:
- Manage schedules and coordinate subcontractors on your perimeter (conduct and administer overall job planning and programming);
- Define and ensure the supply of material needs of your perimeter;
- Monitor construction progress and ensure the smooth running of the work;
- Participate in the financial management of the project;
- Monitor daily costs of all time-dependent elements on the project and implications;
- Undertake cost controlling and estimating as required;
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and requirements related to Quality Assurance, Occupational Health and Safety, and Environment.
- A recognized qualification (Master degree) in Civil engineering and/or Construction;
- First working experience for a major contractor in civil construction and infrastructure;
- Strong interpersonal skills, open-mindedness, and curiosity - as you'll be working closely with construction teams, subcontractors, suppliers, and more;
- Excellent time management - working to ensure packages of work are completed on time and according to program;
- A demonstrable commitment to Health & Safety ensuring everyone goes home safe every day;
- An international mindset : a previous international experience would be appreciated;
- Fluent English;
- Have a driving license.
To enter the V.I.E. program you have to be:
- A European citizen between 18 and 28 years old;
- A graduate student, with a fluent level in English;
- Have never done any V.I.E. in the past;
- Do not have worked previously in the host country.
VINCI Construction is one of the world's leading players in construction, in the fields of transport infrastructure, buildings, networks and urban development. VINCI Construction relies on a network of local subsidiaries, a network of specialities and specific expertise in major infrastructure projects. With more than 1,300 companies, VINCI Construction is involved throughout the entire life cycle of a project (financing, design, construction, renovation and maintenance). This network of more than 1,300 companies, operating in over 100 countries, employs nearly 115,000 people and generated a revenue of €26.2 billion in 2021. To find out more, visit www.vinci-construction.com and follow our news on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/vinci-construction