In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2023-77054 549 England, GB Permanent contract A-levels
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
An opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic and confident Draftsman to join our growing country technical division which is split between London and Telford.
THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO BE BASED EITHER IN LONDON OR TELFORD.
Working with a team of Design Engineers delivering technical solutions to Freyssinet across the UK. Being embedded in team of dynamic and innovative structural engineers will give you the opportunity to expand your experience of designs and contribute actively to them.
Duties will include:
- Producing and coordinating the delivery of technical 2D drawings for structural systems
- Assisting/Engaging with Engineers in addressing client’s requirements/comments/revisions of the technical package
- Liaising with clients to meet project requirements in terms of drawings
- Developing and implementing of Standards of Quality associated to the discipline within the company
- Document control
- Estimating material quantities
It is envisaged that suitable candidates are likely to have 6-7 years of experience in a similar role and are able to present a portfolio of their work to support their application. In addition:
- CAD software required knowledge: Autocad, Revit (SolidWorks would be a plus)
- Desirable software skills: 3D modeling and site logistic animations
- Experience in producing and coordinating the delivery of technical drawings for structural systems
- Experience in fabrication of structural elements and construction processes for temporary works / steel structures / r.c. structures
- Experience with steel structures.
- Experience in automation/parametric 3D modelling
- Commercial awareness of material/components/suppliers in the UK market
- A good working knowledge of MS Office (minimum of Word and Excel)
- Effective communications skills (verbal and written), able to liasise with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Since its inception in 1950, Freyssinet has been at the forefront of providing specialised civil engineering technology, consultancy and installation for projects large and small. Freyssinet forms part of the Soletanche Freyssinet Group, a name that is respected worldwide for delivering innovative solutions and pushing the envelope of civil and structural engineering achievement. Originally a specialist in bridge components and post-tensioning, Freyssinet has successfully expanded its portfolio of products and services into repair, protection and strengthening of structures: specialising in diagnostic surveys, repairs, refurbishment, bridge bearings, expansion joints and cathodic protection to reinforced concrete in the building, civil and marine sectors. Our employees are at the heart of everything Freyssinet does. Our motivated and dedicated workforce is a key driver of the exceptional service, skill and quality Freyssinet is renowned for, delivering complex and pioneering projects all around the UK. We believe in providing our employees with excellent benefits and place great importance on people development, helping our people to achieve their full potential and enjoy interesting and rewarding careers. REAL PEOPLE, REAL WORK, REAL REWARDS - Build a lasting career with Freyssinet, apply now.