In briefFINANCE / ACCOUNTING / MANAGEMENT / TAX 2023-85528 669 Risley, Warrington, England Permanent contract GCSEs
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Purpose of the job
To provide a financial management accounting service to Nuvia.
Ø To Ensure compliance with accounting regulations policies and Nuvia accounting procedures
Ø Provide a project accounting service for Nuvia projects, working with Operations and Project Management
Ø Support the management accounting service to Nuvia resource centres.
Ø Collaborate with other Finance staff at all levels across the company.
· Finance Business Partner
Period end processes
· Ensure turnover & profit is accurately assessed in line with accounting standards each month end.
· Prepare & review accruals (both project and overhead), invoice schedules & invoices.
· Manage customer & supplier retentions in accordance with contract terms.
· Assess a broad scope of funded projects, undertaking periodic performance reviews
· Assist in preparation accurate financial results & commentaries to an agreed timetable.
· Providing input into business report and other higher-level reporting as required
Business & Project support
· Provide financial advice and make recommendations to all levels and ensure compliance with financial procedures.
· Production of ad hoc reports as required.
· Review current processes and modify where necessary to ensure compliance whilst providing accurate information in a manner suitable for viewing by all management levels.
· Provide support and advice relating to financial system and the information available.
· Production of monthly project/contract summary reports & governance checks for business lines.
· Assist Project teams/Business Managers with the financial control of both customers funded & overhead projects.
· Monitor and act if required to ensure good cashflow management – i.e., prompt invoicing, overdue debts. Advise Line Manager of any potential issues.
· Assisting in Company & Customer audit queries where required.
Supervision of data maintenance/integrity
Manage data integrity including ensuring:
· Projects, work orders and connection controls are opened/closed in Unit4 Business World & Harmony promptly and in accordance with contract terms.
· Project budgets & contract values are maintained in the accounting system.
· Periodic cost reconciliations undertaken against accruals & processing journals.
· Maintain Capital Expenditure, ensuring costs are capitalised where necessary.
· Maintaining intercompany recharges and cost allocations
Budgeting & forecasting
· Support Line Manager with completion of annual Budget and any other forecasts required.
· Reporting & explanation of variances between Budgets and forecasts.
· Meetings held with Line Manager to review financial forecast results.
· Works with Stakeholders to confidently manage and prioritise deadlines effectively and can cope well with demands from the business
· Experience of delivering results under tight and often conflicting deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels.
· Self-motivated and proactive with a proven ability to achieve results and objectives.
· Used to a busy environment and adaptable to change.
· Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy of information
· Commercially Aware with experience working in a commercial environment
· Experience of presenting information back to stakeholders/clients
· Excellent IT skills (especially Microsoft Excel)
· Knowledge or experience of working in highly fluid sectors.
· Experience of project / management accounting in a contracting business
· Strong Stakeholder Management experience
Employment, Educational and Professional Background
· Studying towards or an ambition to become a qualified Accountant.
· Extensive experience of management/project accounting in a contracting business
The Job Description is a broad statement of the purpose, scope, and responsibilities essential to performing within the role to a required standard. The role and responsibilities defined within will change with technology, working practices and redefining of roles, and the process will be reviewed as changes demand. The format does not require every single task to be recorded, instead the Job Description is written in a ‘generic’ style that permits flexibility but defines the boundaries of responsibility and accountability.
NUVIA is a branch of VINCI, the world's largest integrated concessions and construction group. NUVIA is more specifically the nuclear entity of the VINCI Group and is involved in the entire life cycle of nuclear facilities, from new build to decommissioning, maintenance and operation. NUVIA is constantly growing, with more than 2700 employees worldwide. On average, 100 men and women join us every year. Now, more than ever, we are looking for new talent to support the group's growth.