In briefOPERATIONS/MAINTENANCE 2023-81070 735 Harwell, Oxfordshire, England Permanent contract Bachelor's degree
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Radiation Dosimetrist (Harwell)10/11/2023
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Radiation Dosimetry Professional to join our business and get involved in a wide range of interesting projects. The successful candidate will work in our Dosimetry team and report directly to the ADS Head/Service Manager.
- Managing and co-ordinating the delivery of dosimetry services to customers, ensuring that this is to the required standards of quality and safety, within agreed timescales and budgets and compliant with regulations. Responsible for ensuring a high-quality service to meet legal requirements.
- Providing technical and management support and advice to the Radiation Dosimetry Department, other Health Physics staff, Nuvia staff and clients.
- Deputy ADS Head for Co-ordination & Record Keeping.
- Liaising with Customers, Radiation Protection Advisers, Dosimetry staff and other Nuvia staff as necessary.
- Management of the contract for supply of External Dosimetry.
- Providing advice on regulatory requirements including RADs and IRRs.
- Delivering an excellent customer focussed service to clients.
Required Technical Competence
- Science Degree
- Master of Science degree and/or member of a recognised professional body (SRP).
- In-depth knowledge of HSE Approved Co-ordination & Record Keeping.
- In-depth knowledge of HSE RADS.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in all aspects of managing an Approved Dosimetry Service.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of radiation dosimetry, the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations, HSE RADS and a broad understanding of radiation protection.
- Good IT skills.
- People skills, with good communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Operates independently of day-to-day management. Required to operate with minimal supervision with a high degree of initiative referring to Manager for policy or complex matters.
- Works flexibly, is self-motivated and delivers reliably and consistently.
- Requires sound judgement when deciding whether to seek approval or advice.
- Handles confidential information and must be aware of the need for accuracy, security and confidentiality at all times including the requirements of the Data Protection Act. Breaches could have financial and reputational consequences for Nuvia.
- The ability to work under the pressure of strict deadlines
- Keep abreast of developments in radiation dosimetry and legislative updates.
- A full driving license is essential.
- Knowledge and awareness of operating in the nuclear industry.
- Project management skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Following a period of training, they will be expected to join our on-call response team.
Nuvia Limited operates a diverse and successful radiation protection business. Our customers range from small industrial users with a few closed sources, to Government Departments using a wide range of x-ray and gamma scanning and detection equipment throughout the UK. We also support the majority of organisations working in the UK nuclear industry.
NUVIA is a branch of VINCI, the world's largest integrated concessions and construction group. NUVIA is more specifically the nuclear entity of the VINCI Group and is involved in the entire life cycle of nuclear facilities, from new build to decommissioning, maintenance and operation. NUVIA is constantly growing, with more than 2700 employees worldwide. On average, 100 men and women join us every year. Now, more than ever, we are looking for new talent to support the group's growth.
There are no related jobs at the moment. View All of Our Available Opportunities