In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2022-63519 2685 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Permanent Bachelor's degree More than 8 years
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Civil Construction Manager NSW22/04/2022
Freyssinet Australia is a multifaceted specialist contractor providing innovative solutions for remediation, post-tensioning and specialist civil engineering. We have an unrivalled reputation in specialised civil engineering across Bridges, Structures, Marine and Industrial sectors. We have local branches in all states of Australia & parts of New Zealand and are present in over 100 countries around the world.
Civil Construction Manager NSW
The position of NSW Construction Manager reports to the National Business Unit Manager Civil and is responsible for operational fluency of all projects based in NSW. The purpose of the role is to oversee, review, problem-solve across all project-management aspects and offer technical expertise to ensure the successful and profitable delivery of numerous concurrent projects.
To be considered for this role you must have strong experience in bridge building and repair with particular focus on post tensioning and all of its applications. Experience of complex bridge construct methods, pre-cast segmental construction, bridge launching, heavy lifting, bridge span and bridge strengthening would make you a highly suitable candidate.
Working rights visas can be supported for the incumbent and family. The position is based in our offices in Sydney NSW with extensive travel within NSW and occasional travel interstate to support other projects.
- Leading your direct report operations team on your nominated project(s), setting priorities, reviewing performance, assisting with recruitment on projects and management of staffing issues.
- Forecast and manage project labour requirements and work with the project managers to optimize the labour usage and quantity.
- Monthly performance reporting in line with business processes and objectives
- Ensure projects are planned with enough lead time to ensure projects are set up to start on time in accordance with programs
- Oversee projects safety performance, ensuring safety risks are managed and good safety practices are consistently adopted.
- Manage IR issues on your projects and work with other state construction managers when required.
- Oversee commercial process and where required get involved in commercial management and contract administration issues for relevant projects.
- Know your contracts and ensure that contracts are administered properly regarding delay claims and notification by engineers
- Understand and manage risk and opportunities throughout project delivery in accordance with specific contract requirements
- Support PE / PM to establish and manage the required arrangements with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Strong client relationships to ensure expectations are defined and understood by all parties.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience of managing complex and large-scale projects
- Strong experience in bridge building and strengthening with sound understanding of post tensioning and its applications.
- Demonstrated project-management experience on civil projects with a focus on bridge work valued between $5 million – 50 million.
- Ability to lead, inspire and manage a team. Demonstrated leadership skills in managing medium- large teams, including subcontractors and self-performing teams.
- A fast learner who can multi-task and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and client relationship skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyses and resolve complex issues
- Results driven with a proven track record of achieving targets
- Strong financial reporting, forecasting skills and computer literacy skills.
VINCI Construction is one of the world's leading players in construction, in the fields of transport infrastructure, buildings, networks and urban development. VINCI Construction relies on a network of local subsidiaries, a network of specialities and specific expertise in major infrastructure projects. With more than 1,300 companies, VINCI Construction is involved throughout the entire life cycle of a project (financing, design, construction, renovation and maintenance). This network of more than 1,300 companies, operating in over 100 countries, employs nearly 115,000 people and generated a revenue of €26.2 billion in 2021.