In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2023-88138 602 Montebello della Battaglia, Provincia di Pavia, Lombardy Permanent contract Master's degree More than 3 years
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
R&D Engineer - Anti Seismic Application F/H23/11/2023
FREYSSINET (7,000 employees), world leader in specialized civil engineering and a subsidiary of VINCI CONSTRUCTION, with a wide expertise in the construction, repair, equipment and maintenance of Structures.
FPC Italia (belonging to the Industry & Products Pole of Freyssinet), is a leading company in the field of special technologies applied to the construction world and in particular focused on design, production and testing in both static and dynamic field of structural bearings and anti-seismic devices.
Study of the tribological and compression behavior of confined samples of different sliding materials of polymeric nature. Comparison with full scale device to determine scale effect
The work will be based on the numerical modelization of these materials subjected to different thermo-mechanical stresses, simulating the real conditions in structural and seismic field.
Following modelization, experimental tests under different working conditions will be carried out to characterize the material, as well as the parameters defining the model.
Different materials from the market used already for different application will be investigated as well as new engineered materials, in order to reach the target set by the Company
- Background (eventually PhD) in mechanical or material engineering (preferred)
- Knowledge of tribology (eventually to be developed during mission)
- Knowledge of Finite Element Method (with Material non-linearity)
- Availability to perform tests on samples
- Data analysis and formalization to allow for decision
- Understanding of the industrial process of manufacturing mechanical bearings and plastic sliding material (to be developed eventually during mission) in order to optimize process parameters together with support of suppliers
4. Personal skills
- 2/3 years experience leading R&D or Industrialization projects
- Ability to discuss with suppliers/consultants/university
- Capacity to formalize results of activity
- Autonomy in day by day activity with shared decision
By joining Freyssinet products Company Italia, you will become an integral part of a dynamic and growing organization that values innovation, teamwork, and excellence. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the company's financial operations and contribute to its continued success.
If you meet the above requirements and are ready to take on this exciting opportunity, we invite you to apply and be part of our dedicated team.
Depuis 80 ans, Freyssinet (6 300 collaborateurs – 685M€ de CA), filiale du groupe VINCI et leader mondial du Génie Civil spécialisé propose des solutions techniques intégrées dans deux grands domaines : la construction et la réparation de structures. Le Groupe Freyssinet intervient sur les cinq continents sur tout type d'ouvrages : passerelles, pont et ouvrages d'art, centrales nucléaires, génie civil industriel, bâtiments, stades, réservoirs d'eau, …