In briefOPERATIONS/MAINTENANCE RC- MPTO-81106 2761 Ottawa, Ontario Permanent contract GCSEs More than 3 years
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Mainline Production Tamper Operator12/06/2023
Rail Cantech is looking for a Mainline Production Tamper Operator.
At Rail Cantech, we're building the future of Canada's rail infrastructure, and our employees are at the heart of everything we do.
Don't wait any longer to join an innovative team with a passion for challenges!
Your main tasks / responsibilities
• Embrace the safety and quality of Rail Cantech Inc.'s work culture and adhere to federal, provincial and company policies and procedures at all times
• Ensure that you, other company employees, Rail Cantech Inc. customers and the general public benefit from a safe working environment
• Participate in the daily first five (5) minute briefing to review production goals, provide feedback on performance, identify hazards and safety milestones
• Perform moderate to heavy physical work in the construction and maintenance of track infrastructure
• Operate medium- to heavy-duty railway equipment, depending on your qualifications and training
• Perform any other similar or general tasks related to the job, as requested by your superior or required by your duties
• Respond to emergency situations as required
The average number of hours worked per week is 50.
The number of hours worked per day is ten (10) hours.
The position is based at 28 Deakin Street, Unit 201, Ottawa (ON) K2E 8B7, Canada
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience as a Railway Machine Operator or in a related field.
• Language requirements: English
Starting at $41.33/hr. The hourly rate will increase in accordance with the union contract.
The employee will also be eligible for shift premiums, in accordance with the union contract and letters of agreement.
The employee will be entitled to:
• supplementary disability, dental and medical insurance, an employer-provided pension plan,
• as well as other benefits, bonuses and salary increases in accordance with the current union agreement (annual leave period, access to telemedicine, defined-contribution pension fund, etc.).
• As stipulated in the union contract, an employee is only entitled to certain benefits once he or she has completed his or her probationary period (3 months).
Eurovia Québec, a subsidiary of VINCI Construction, is one of the main players in the construction of transport infrastructure and urban development. We offer a wide range of products and services for different types of projects: industrial, commercial, municipal and government. We are present in ten regions of the Province with an occupational health and safety priority. We currently employ more than 2,000 employees who work every day to ensure the smooth running of our 22 asphalt plants, 119 sites and quarries, which enable us to carry out nearly 800 projects every year. The expertise and knowledge of our teams support several types of projects. For example, urban development, roads and highways, bridges and viaducts, occasional repairs, railway projects, structures, maintenance contracts, parking lots and concrete works are part of our order book. As a major economic player, Eurovia Québec generates about $830 million in turnover and invests between $30 and $40 million annually in Québec. Present in 120 countries, VINCI Construction employs 116 000 employees and achieved a turnover of €29.3 billion in 2021. Strong in our culture of builders and a common vision of overall performance, our teams mobilize their commitment and innovation capabilities to support our customers in a world in transition.
There are no related jobs at the moment. View All of Our Available Opportunities