In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2023-84484 2763 Oundle, England Permanent contract
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Eltek Systems - Project Manager05/09/2023
Eltek Systems are looking to recruit Project Manager to join our expanding team.
We are a control and automation systems integrator. Operating on an international scale with a turnover of 9 million in the UK. We are part of Vinci Energies a £12.5 billion organisation.
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Pension + Electric Vehicle Car Scheme + Share Scheme)
- Business Development, Sales, Project Management of control systems projects in accordance with company,
customer and legislative requirements. Leadership of a dedicated automation delivery team.
- Preparation of detailed technical customer quotations for bespoke Control Systems
- Strong Negotiation skills when pricing work, rework or variations
- Liaise directly with customers (throughout all stages of a project / programme)
- A strong technical solution sales approach
- Work alongside other Programme Mangers to develop existing client relationships and identify future requirements on site(s)
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences both verbally and in writing combined with strong presentation skills with both technical and commercial content
- Direct liaison with customers and internal design/management team
- Provide technical supervision of system design, build and installation personnel
- Carry out tendering activity with cost estimation, technical proposals & presentation
- Ensure that all-relevant Health and Safety Procedures are adhered to
- Strong team leadership skills
- Team management skills – an interest in developing the skills and knowledge of your team in line with business goals
- Project awareness and the ability to evaluate projects every step of the way ready to present to management (EV reviews)
- Contract Management and Negotiation ability
- Commercial acumen to perform earned value analysis
- Customer site visits as and when required
- Qualified to HNC / HND / Degree level in a relevant discipline and in-depth experience in system integration OR substantial experience in systems integration.
- High level of ability to understand and produce control system design documents.
- Strong understanding of technical project life cycle.
- Good to high knowledge of Software Experience with:
o System for in process and manufacturing environments
o PLC based control system architecture
o PLC, HMI & SCADA coding
o Integrated system testing of application software and the industrial hardware
o Machinery Safety design and associated standards
o On site commissioning of industrial control systems
- Working knowledge of industrial hardware systems
o Control panel design and assembly
o Site installation design
o Control system hardware LV distribution/MCC/PLC/Safety/instrumentation
o Hardware design documents (circuit schematics, I/O schedules, motor schedules)
- Preferred sector Food and Beverage
Key Personal Competencies
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships with customers and internal personnel.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with willingness to take on new skills & knowledge.
- Good time management skills, and be able to demonstrate a structured and methodical approach to work load.
- Right first time approach to all aspects of work.
- Willing to seek appropriate assistance when required.
- A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with good team leadership skills.
- Good aptitude to learn from and influence others with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential.
- Ability to balance own objectives with those of the company’s and other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and approach to colleagues and customers.
- Willingness to undertake further professional development & training.
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.