In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2023-83946 2763 Plymouth, England Contractor (PAYE) Bachelor's degree
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Interface Engineer (Client Side)23/08/2023
NUVIA UK's Technical Services department are recruiting for an experienced Interface Engineer/Senior Engineer. This is an embedded opportunity, supporting one of our leading clients within the nuclear industry. Location wise, you can be based out of the client's office in Plymouth or the NUVIA office in Warrington on a hybrid basis. Some travel to the Dockyard in Plymouth would be required on an infrequent basis. We can also offer remote working if this is preferred.
Please note the ability to obtain BPSS level security clearance is essential, as a minimum.
To manage and coordinate the design interfaces of the projects within DEFUEL23 – 14 Dock Readiness and SDDP. The interfaces are to be managed as a means of risk mitigation, with the objective of providing a holistic and integrated capability for defueling legacy submarines within 14 Dock.
The interfaces to be managed include:
- Interfaces between work packages within DEFUEL23 (termed internal interfaces).
- Interfaces between DEFUEL23 work packages and external stakeholders.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the management, monitoring and auditing of all interfaces of 14 Dock and DEFUEL23.
- Responsible for developing the existing interface management process to suit DEFUEL23s developing needs.
- Co-ordinating with the DEFUEL23 Project and Work Package Managers with programme dependency interfaces, who have overall ownership.
- Arranging, coordinating, and chairing meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required to effectively manage, monitor and audit all 14 Dock and DEFUEL23 interfaces.
- Responsible for the Systems Interface Matrix (SIM) CDMS 000174618. This document is used as a holistic method of interface identification and is to be maintained throughout DEFUEL23.
- Responsible for identifying when a 14 Dock system requires an Interface Agreement Form (IAF) with an external stakeholder.
- Responsible for coordinating the development of Interface Agreement Forms (IAF). This includes liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a sufficient level of information to manage and mitigate the interface risks going forward.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the Interface Agreement Forms (IAF), coordinating their updates following life cycle updates. These forms are tracked via the Interface Reference List (IRL).
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) CDMS-000160773. To ensure that the PBS meets the projects evolving needs.
- Development of the 14 Dock Integration Plan CDMS-000152143 with regards to interface management.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Project Management.
- Comprehensive editorial and briefing skills.
- Clear spoken and written English.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Systems thinking.
- The Interface Manager must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the management of interfaces throughout the design lifecycle in a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrates an understanding and prior application of a ‘Systems’ approach to working.
- Demonstrates experience of organising and chairing technical meetings with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a base level knowledge of multi-disciplinary subject matter, enabling technical discussion with all disciplines.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Navisworks).
Nuvia - a subsidiary of VINCI construction - is an international company that operates across highly regulated sectors including Civil Nuclear and has a strong presence and history of delivery at nuclear sites in the UK and internationally.
Nuvia is a performance-driven company that is committed to the development of its people within a culture of safety, innovation, and excellence.
Nuvia UK is committed towards equality in employment.
NUVIA is a branch of VINCI, the world's largest integrated concessions and construction group. NUVIA is more specifically the nuclear entity of the VINCI Group and is involved in the entire life cycle of nuclear facilities, from new build to decommissioning, maintenance and operation. NUVIA is constantly growing, with more than 2700 employees worldwide. On average, 100 men and women join us every year. Now, more than ever, we are looking for new talent to support the group's growth.