In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2023-82120 555 Plymouth, England Contractor (PAYE) Bachelor's degree
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Principal Civil Engineer (Client Side)04/07/2023
NUVIA UK's Technical Services & Consulting department, are recruiting an experienced Principal Civil Engineer. This is an embedded opportunity for a major infrastructure project, within the defence industry. We are recruiting on either a contract or permanent basis, inside IR35.
Location wise you have the opportunity to work on a remote basis, with some travel required to Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth. Alternatively we have existing team presence within our Birchwood Park office in Warrington, again with travel to the dockyard.
Please note the ability to obtain BPSS level security clearance is essential.
The Major Infrastructure Projects directorate provides major new or upgraded dock, berth and building infrastructure projects to provide facilities for the ship and submarine sustainment programmes. As a Principal Civil Engineer you'll work with multi-discipline infrastructure system designs to provide an overall sustainment capability.
Using your experience in facility upgrade or construction projects you will manage and review the design packages by subconsultants and work with users and other stakeholders to ensure that the integrated facility provides the sustainment capability. You will use your civil engineering expertise to ensure the end product meets the technical and operational requirements of the facility.
Main Purpose of Role:
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the civil engineering aspects of the facility. Ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant HSE requirements. Supports delivery of civil engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Management of the civil engineering elements of the Facility ensuring designer technical performance and making appropriate technical responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice for civil engineering.
- Provide Technical design guidance and review of civil design packages.
- Provide Technical design guidance and review integration of civil designs with other design packages.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and effectively contributing to the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensure effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Competences:
The candidate should have experience of:
- Civil Engineering (preferably in a marine environment)
- Ducts and Networks
- Swept Path Analysis
- Roads & Hardstanding’s
- Miscellaneous foundations (lighting, bollards etc.)
- Marine remedial civil repairs
- Management of sub-contractors/consultants.
- A minimum of a Batchelor’s Degree in Civil/Civil Engineering
- Preferred Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- Preferred Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear knowledge.
Nuvia - a subsidiary of VINCI construction - is an international company that operates across highly regulated sectors including Civil Nuclear and has a strong presence and history of delivery at nuclear sites in the UK and internationally.
Nuvia is a performance-driven company that is committed to the development of its people within a culture of safety, innovation, and excellence.
Nuvia UK is committed towards equality in employment.
NUVIA is a branch of VINCI, the world's largest integrated concessions and construction group. NUVIA is more specifically the nuclear entity of the VINCI Group and is involved in the entire life cycle of nuclear facilities, from new build to decommissioning, maintenance and operation. NUVIA is constantly growing, with more than 2700 employees worldwide. On average, 100 men and women join us every year. Now, more than ever, we are looking for new talent to support the group's growth.