In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2023-AAH-2-82628 3135 Portishead, England Permanent contract
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Actemium Automation Hampshire - Project Engineer - Bristol17/07/2023
Actemium Automation Hampshire is part of the VINCI Energies group. Being part of this £12.5 billion organisation allows us to provide our customers with the resources, vitality, and strength of a large, global company, while still delivering local, personalised service. Along with the other business units in the Actemium Automation family, we employ 250+ people at 12 locations across the UK. We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer
Competitive Salary (circa £45k, depending on experience) + Profit Share Scheme + Share Scheme + Pension + Electric Vehicle Car Scheme + 25 days holiday + bank holidays
About the Role
An incredible career opportunity has become available for an Industrial Control Systems Engineer to join one of our Projects teams based in our Portishead office. Reporting to the Project Team Leader, the role is to contribute to delivering automation projects to the company’s key accounts. The role will include Engineering in the development of PLC, HMI and SCADA software in a fast paced and evolving industry sector. The role also includes customer facing duties and site work. Our expectations would be for you to be a proactive team player that strives to deliver high quality work and the highest level of customer service and safety.
- Commit to the whole life cycle of delivering projects from start to finish
- Ability to foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Produce design and test documentation
- Develop PLC, HMI and SCADA software
- Perform testing with customers
- Carry out on-site commissioning
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Experience with Rockwell, Mitsubishi PLC’s and HMI’s, and Aveva (Wonderware -InTouch and/or System Platform) based SCADA platforms with an appetite to learn new technologies
- A good working knowledge of setting up, commissioning, and fault finding of industrial networks (Ethernet) would be preferable but not essential
4+ years’ experience of reading and fault finding PLC, SCADA application software
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible
- Positive, personable and happy team player
- Think outside the box and push the boundaries
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office incl. Word, Excel & Outlook
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.