In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 493816 Queensland, AU Permanent contract
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
With more than 700 employees Australia wide, Seymour Whyte has earned a solid reputation for delivering complex, innovative projects that often include difficult staging, engineering and environmental challenges, logistical constraints, and stakeholder impacts. Major infrastructure projects awarded to Seymour Whyte have increased significantly, as has the size, reach and complexity of these projects.
We are looking for a Surveyor for our Palm Beach to Tugun Road upgrade project. this project involves the widening of a 5km section of the motorway, between Nineteenth Avenue Overpass and the Tugun interchange.
About the role:
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining spatial control networks, working within systems, determining spatial relationships, and understanding geographic information systems.
- Carry out site set-out on earthworks, roads, drainage structural works and utilities, including set up of equipment for survey use, creation of digital models for GNSS and machine control.
- Document, maintain, test, calibrate (where possible) and store survey equipment.
- Gather and process field data for designers, engineers, and Quality team members.
- Prepare and undertake surveys as required to meet contractual and quality assurance obligations.
- Notify the quality team, engineers and/or other concerned personnel of any non-conformance or discrepancies.
- Submit to the quality team/engineers all specified conformance reports.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a diploma in Engineering Surveying or recognised equivalent formal qualification from a recognised institution.
- 3+ Years of experience in a Survey role on civil construction projects.
- Trimble field software and 12D experience are preferable.
- Ability to work as part of a survey team as well as a wider construction team.
- Demonstrated practical experience in surveying, with emphasis on experience in the civil construction industry.
- Ability to create and maintain data systems including for design changes, ‘as built’ records and calibration records.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility with Health & Wellbeing programs.
- Competitive market benchmarked remuneration.
- Unique project bonus scheme generously rewards project staff for strong performance.
- Generous employee share program with VINCI — one of the largest, world-class construction companies globally.
- Purchased leave program to encourage your work/life balance.
- Paid Parental Leave and parental support.
- Birthday leave.
- Cultural leave for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Salary continuance insurance for eligible employees.
- Strong company culture where all employees are treated equally.
- Career development, mentoring, training, and leadership development programs.
- Part of VINCI Construction offering opportunity and security.
Seymour Whyte is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Submit your CV online to apply for this role.
- All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Register on our website for job alerts to be advised when new roles become available. https://careers.seymourwhyte.com.au/en/listing/
To learn more about us, visit www.seymourwhyte.com.au