In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2022-70977 2763 Risley, Warrington, England Contractor (PAYE) Bachelor's degree
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
CS&A Lead Engineer07/11/2022
Working for the CS&A Responsible Engineer, the CS&A Lead Engineer is required to support the delivery of the CS&A elements of the project, in collaboration with other stakeholders and engineering disciplines. The role will involve the following, among others:
- Lead the design delivery of the CS&A elements of the project, collaborating with the other engineering disciplines to meet project objectives and milestones.
- Lead optioneering of the proposed new cable routes, to determine the preferred solution based on underpinning assessments.
- Able to communicate well at all levels, not just Technical.
- Developing, allocating and supervising delivery of CS&A design deliverables (e.g. designs, assessments, drawings, and reports), checking and ensuring the appropriate quality is delivered.
- Supporting assistance and assurance reviews at important junctures of the design development to ensure that the output meets the project objectives; and
- Monitoring and reporting progress against delivery schedules to AEM and PM.
- Structural site surveys, to assess the condition of cable supports and trenches and to record the findings.
- General all round civil and structural design experience required, with experience working on new nuclear build and interfaces with existing structures.
- Experience is also required in the design of concrete, steel and masonry structures, subject to normal and abnormal environmental loading.
- Supporting the production of estimates and schedules for required design phases.
- Experienced in delivering work for SL (preferred).
Location is ideally Warrington but can be West Cumbria with ability to travel between sites.
This role requires interface with Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and on-site (Sellafield) visits. It will be necessary to attend meetings and to undertake site visits to Sellafield.
In support of the Infrastructure Gated Programme/Portfolio, PZPSP will address the strategic need to supply power to SRP and for other planned facilities in the Product Zone by constructing Substation 78 to the south of B594 and providing all the interconnecting cables.
The aim of this project is to address two main issues:
- Deliver an enterprise power infrastructure to enable the Product Zone Area to be provided with adequate power supply capacity.
- To use such enterprise power infrastructure to supply the first plant in the Product Zone: SRP.
The CS&A elements of the project will include (but not limited to):
- Site surveys of the existing cable supports and trenches: assessing their condition and proposing remedial works were applicable.
- Optioneering the proposed new cable routes, to determine the preferred solution based on underpinning assessments.
- Input into the specifications for the surveys for risk reduction PCI design works.
- CS&A led stakeholder engagement.
- Degree qualified CS&A Engineer (or equivalent through enhanced experience).
- A minimum of three years working at Sellafield, nuclear or within a highly regulated industry.
- Structural site surveys, able to assess the condition of steel and concrete structural elements (cable supports and trenches).
- Familiar with a range of available design technologies and techniques.
- Production of CS&A design documents e.g. civil and structural calculations (design/assessment/substantiation), engineering drawings, specifications, scopes of work, method statements.
- Proficient in Steel and Concrete design to current codes.
- Continual ongoing assurance of the application of CDM and the recording of such.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages.
- Able to actively seek input from other engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions.
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences.
- Capable of achieving the Sellafield Baseline Personnel Security Standard as a minimum. Preference is for the candidate to have an existing P1/P4 pass.
- Proficient in analysis/design packages ie. STAAD.Pro for Steel and Concrete analysis/design.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Visio, Power point, Outlook, etc) and use of Navisworks Freedom.
- Good working knowledge of other IT systems (AutoCAD / DM Desktop) will be invaluable but not essential
Nuvia is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries. Our expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by a highly trained, committed workforce and a wide range of specialist resources.
NUVIA is a branch of VINCI, the world's largest integrated concessions and construction group. NUVIA is more specifically the nuclear entity of the VINCI Group and is involved in the entire life cycle of nuclear facilities, from new build to decommissioning, maintenance and operation. NUVIA is constantly growing, with more than 2700 employees worldwide. On average, 100 men and women join us every year. Now, more than ever, we are looking for new talent to support the group's growth.