In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2022-68572 548 Risley, Warrington, England Contractor (PAYE) Bachelor's degree
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
A vacancy has arisen for a Process Engineer within the team based in Warrington. This will be working on a contract basis, to support the prelim design phase on a joint venture framework. There is also the potential to move to the detail design phase. Please note that some home working is available.
Main purpose of the role:
The Engineer is principally a hands-on design based role with a degree of team leadership. The Engineer is responsible for delivering a package of work within a project within their discipline. Frequent liaison with other disciplines in the design team and the client would be expected.
• Production of technical and engineering reports
• Production of Process engineering calculations
• Checking of Process engineering reports and calculations
• Work in the Hinton House offices a minimum of three days per week to enable collaboration with project team, in line with SL company guidance
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
Ideally you will have the following skills, experience and attributes;
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering (or relevant engineering discipline) and working towards chartership. Preference given to chartered engineer
- Proactive and driven approach to work.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with other team members
- Competent Report writing skills: clearly and concisely reporting findings.
- Comfortable working under time and cost constraints.
- Experience of document checking essential, and preference for experience with Sellafield Ltd checking and approval procedure
- Experience of nuclear industry design delivery, preferably with the SNM value stream/projects
- Experience of delivery of chemical engineering deliverables on multidiscipline design projects
- Experience of DSEAR preferred
- Experience of safety case interactions preferred
- Candidates are required to obtain a minimum of baseline personnel security standard clearance and P1 Pass. Candidates that already hold SC clearance and P1/P4 Pass would be preferred.
Nuvia is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries. Our expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by a highly trained, committed workforce and a wide range of specialist resources.
NUVIA is a branch of VINCI, the world's largest integrated concessions and construction group. NUVIA is more specifically the nuclear entity of the VINCI Group and is involved in the entire life cycle of nuclear facilities, from new build to decommissioning, maintenance and operation. NUVIA is constantly growing, with more than 2700 employees worldwide. On average, 100 men and women join us every year. Now, more than ever, we are looking for new talent to support the group's growth.