In briefDEVELOPMENT / CONSTRUCTION / PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2023-84111 620 Vancouver, British Columbia International assignment contract Master's degree Beginner
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
VIE - Project Coordinator Canada F/H28/08/2023
BA Blacktop, a subsidiary of VINCI Construction was founded in the Province of British Columbia in 1956. We have grown to become a major general contractor and design-builder, with a progressive and multi-disciplined group of companies delivering specialized paving, concrete, milling, reclaiming and recycling services, as well as multi-span bridge construction and innovative concrete structure solutions to clients throughout British Columbia. As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company with a reputation for reliability, we know how to deliver projects to our client's satisfaction. If your project has anything to do with constructing transportation infrastructure to move goods or people, BA Blacktop is ready to take on the challenge.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join the dynamic team of BA Blacktop Ltd. As such, your missions will include :
- Managing schedules and coordinating subcontractors within the assigned perimeter (conduct and administer overall planning and scheduling of work);
- Defining and ensuring the supply of material requirements within the scope;
- Monitoring the progress of the work and ensure that it runs smoothly;
- Participating in the financial management of the project;
- Monitoring the day-to-day costs of all time-dependent elements on the project and the implications ;
- Undertaking cost control and estimation as required;
- Ensuring compliance with quality assurance, occupational health and safety and environmental policies, procedures and requirements.
As part of the BA Blacktop team,you will have the opportunity to learn from the best in the industry, while working in a supportive environment. You will benefit from on-the-job training from an experienced employee.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A recognized qualification (Bachelor/master’s degree) in engineering and/or construction.
- First working experience for a major contractor in civil construction and infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, open-mindedness, and curiosity - as you'll be working closely with construction teams, subcontractors, suppliers and more.
- Excellent time management - working to ensure packages of work are completed on time and according to program.
- A demonstrable commitment to Health & Safety ensuring everyone goes home safe every day.
- A previous international experience would be appreciated.
- Fluent English.
- Driving License
Join us and be part of the VIE community!
- You will thrive and be part of a Young Talent Community at VINCI;
- You will gain a great working experience thanks to an inspirational working environment;
- You will develop technical and soft skills through mentoring;
VINCI Construction is one of the world's leading players in construction, in the fields of transport infrastructure, buildings, networks and urban development. VINCI Construction relies on a network of local subsidiaries, a network of specialities and specific expertise in major infrastructure projects. With more than 1,300 companies, VINCI Construction is involved throughout the entire life cycle of a project (financing, design, construction, renovation and maintenance). This network of more than 1,300 companies, operating in over 100 countries, employs nearly 115,000 people and generated a revenue of €26.2 billion in 2021. To find out more, visit www.vinci-construction.com and follow our news on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/vinci-construction