In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS 2023-85600 2763 Telford, England Permanent contract Master's degree
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Senior Structural Design Engineer27/09/2023
You will design and detail temporary works and strengthening solutions, justifying appropriate construction methods. You will be responsible for managing internal design processes and programmes, along with design activities undertaken by external engineers. You will assist with mentoring junior Engineers, in support of the Technical Manager.
• Design and detail temporary works, including bespoke tools
• Design and detail strengthening solutions
• Design and justify construction methods
• Prepare AIP for temporary works
• Perform job risk assessment and design hazard analysis
• Liaise with Clients, Checkers and other Engineers
• Assist Company Estimators with technical aspects of tenders and drafting
• Assess tenders to study feasibility and give recommendations to Clients
• Promote the use of Freyssinet solutions to Clients and Consultants
• Provide design programmes and monitor them
• Manage design activities by external Engineers
• Manage internal design processes, including assumptions reviews, design, checks, and issuing approved drawings to operation teams and Clients
• Ensure designs are safe and economically optimised
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic, forward thinking Senior Structural Design Engineer to join our growing Technical Division. You will be based in our London office or our Head Office in Telford, visiting live projects and external clients.
The role will ideally suit someone who has established themselves within a consultancy environment and is keen to expand their knowledge and flair into the practical aspects of construction. Alternatively, you may already be able to demonstrate experience of both environments but keen for a new challenge.
You will have the opportunity to bring your creativity and innovative design ideas to an environment where you will be encouraged, supported and challenged to work with an organisation that is focused on being the leader in its field.
• A Bachelor or Master’s (preferable) Degree in Structural Civil Engineering
• Solid confidence in structural engineer principles and capability to carry out manual calculations
• Proven experience in designing steel and reinforced concrete structures and temporary works
• Experience in designing steel works and connections (bolted and welded)
• Experience in temporary works design
• A background gained within a consultancy environment, with the willingness to apply this into the practical aspects of construction
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Engineering software required knowledge: SAP2000, IDEA StatiCa
• CAD software required knowledge: Autocad/Fusion 360/Revit
Our inclusive approach is aimed creating opportunities for all of our people. We believe in the importance of training, development and mentoring, continually investing to improve skills and expertise, helping our employees reach their true potential and enjoy rewarding careers.
Our employees are rewarded with excellent benefits including company contributory pension, private healthcare, health insurance, life assurance, annual bonuses, company share scheme and enhanced maternity benefits.
Freyssinet UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on any protected characteristic as part of the Equality Act 2010.
Since its inception in 1950, Freyssinet has been at the forefront of providing specialised civil engineering technology, consultancy and installation for projects large and small. Freyssinet forms part of the Soletanche Freyssinet Group, a name that is respected worldwide for delivering innovative solutions and pushing the envelope of civil and structural engineering achievement. Originally a specialist in bridge components and post-tensioning, Freyssinet has successfully expanded its portfolio of products and services into repair, protection and strengthening of structures: specialising in diagnostic surveys, repairs, refurbishment, bridge bearings, expansion joints and cathodic protection to reinforced concrete in the building, civil and marine sectors. Our employees are at the heart of everything Freyssinet does. Our motivated and dedicated workforce is a key driver of the exceptional service, skill and quality Freyssinet is renowned for, delivering complex and pioneering projects all around the UK. We believe in providing our employees with excellent benefits and place great importance on people development, helping our people to achieve their full potential and enjoy interesting and rewarding careers. REAL PEOPLE, REAL WORK, REAL REWARDS - Build a lasting career with Freyssinet, apply now.