In briefDEVELOPMENT / CONSTRUCTION / PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2023-83526 2769 Telford, England Permanent contract Bachelor's degree
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Special Projects Department Manager08/08/2023
Freyssinet Ltd operates from its Head Office in Telford, and regional offices in England and Scotland as well as multiple construction sites across the UK. Working hand in hand with our clients and partners, we provide innovative technical solutions to solve complex engineering and construction challenges for the repairs and new build of structures including projects such as National Highways Scheme Delivery Framework, Hammersmith bridge refurbishment and M8 Woodside viaduct propping works as well as major projects such as HS2 and Hinckley Point C.
The Special Project Department of Freyssinet cover pre-construction activities for non-standard repair and new build projects. This includes heavy handling and sliding, complex temporary works, prestressing, deck construction and de-construction, and UHPFRC projects. The Special Project Department also manages our early contractor involvement activities with the support our design and operation departments.
The role of the Special Project Department Manager is to lead our Special Project activities at both strategic and technical level. This includes providing technical leadership, developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, generating new business leads, overseeing the technical development activities, follow-on special project implementation, and managing the department team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual, with a highly technical, specialist civil engineering background and ability to generate opportunities through networking and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide technical leadership in the field of Special Projects driving technical excellence and innovation
· Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Engage with clients and partners to raise brand awareness and drive the technical sales from early stage for Special Projects
· In collaboration with the sales team, develop and maintaining a pipeline of quality opportunities for Special Projects aligned with Freyssinet Group capabilities
· Coordinate the tender process for Special Projects including coordination with other departments such as sales, estimating and operations
· Working in close collaboration with our operation teams, oversee our early contractor involvement and follow-on implementation on site
· Manage and mentor the department’s team involved in our early contractor involvement and complex temporary work design
· Verify the Special Project team outputs comply with engineering best practices
· Develop and implement a competency development plan for the department’s team
· Promote our technical solutions, products, and range of services to solve our clients engineering and construction challenges
· Promote and support the deployment of specialist techniques across the organisation
· Manage the department budget
· Technical representation of the company in front of national and local engineering bodies (ICE, IStructE…)
· Develop and implement a CPD program targeted at clients, consultants, and contractors to present our techniques and capabilities
Knowledge and Experience
· BSc/Master degree in structural engineering
· Chartered with a profession such as IStructE
· Experience of highly technical temporary design solution
· Working knowledge of:
- Structural Repairs
- Civils Post Tensioning
- Incremental Launching
- Structural Strengthening
- Jacking & Propping
- Complex Temporary Works
- Deck construction
Our inclusive approach is aimed creating opportunities for all of our people. We believe in the importance of training, development and mentoring, continually investing to improve skills and expertise, helping our employees reach their true potential and enjoy rewarding careers.
Our employees are rewarded with excellent benefits including company contributory pension, private healthcare, health insurance, life assurance, annual bonuses, company share scheme and enhanced maternity benefits.
Freyssinet UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on any protected characteristic as part of the Equality Act 2010.
Since its inception in 1950, Freyssinet has been at the forefront of providing specialised civil engineering technology, consultancy and installation for projects large and small. Freyssinet forms part of the Soletanche Freyssinet Group, a name that is respected worldwide for delivering innovative solutions and pushing the envelope of civil and structural engineering achievement. Originally a specialist in bridge components and post-tensioning, Freyssinet has successfully expanded its portfolio of products and services into repair, protection and strengthening of structures: specialising in diagnostic surveys, repairs, refurbishment, bridge bearings, expansion joints and cathodic protection to reinforced concrete in the building, civil and marine sectors. Our employees are at the heart of everything Freyssinet does. Our motivated and dedicated workforce is a key driver of the exceptional service, skill and quality Freyssinet is renowned for, delivering complex and pioneering projects all around the UK. We believe in providing our employees with excellent benefits and place great importance on people development, helping our people to achieve their full potential and enjoy interesting and rewarding careers. REAL PEOPLE, REAL WORK, REAL REWARDS - Build a lasting career with Freyssinet, apply now.
There are no related jobs at the moment. View All of Our Available Opportunities