In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS Actemium Automation Notts - PM (Towcest)-71634 2763 Towcester, England Permanent
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Actemium Automation Nottingham - Project Manager (Towcester)18/01/2023
Actemium Automation Nottingham, (a leading ISO accredited player within the systems integrator sector) are part of the VINCI Energies network of businesses comprising of 20,000 engineers & technicians within 350 local business units across 40 countries worldwide. We support a number of leading blue-chip companies throughout the UK by providing turnkey automation solutions. Our range of services cover essential automation such as control panel design and construction, PLC & SCADA solutions through to leading technology including Manufacturing Operations Management (MoM), information & analytics and Functional Safety consulting services.
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager to help run one of our most important customers.
Package: (Competitive Salary + Car Allowance + Bonus + Healthcare + Share Scheme + Pension + Benefits)
Business Development, sales, Project Management of control systems projects in accordance with company, customer and legislative requirements. Leadership of the team based at the Towcester office.
- Preparation of detailed technical customer quotations for bespoke Control Systems
- Strong Negotiation skills when pricing work, rework or variations
- Liaise directly with customers (throughout all stages of a project / programme)
- A strong technical solution sales approach.
- Work alongside other Programme Mangers to develop existing client relationships and identify future requirements on site(s).
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences both verbally and in writing combined with strong presentation skills with both technical and commercial content
- Direct liaison with customers and internal design/management team
- Review of the design and testing of control systems in accordance with agreed specifications, applicable standards and legislative requirements.
- Provide technical supervision of system design, build and installation personnel.
- Carry out tendering activity with cost estimation, technical proposals & presentation.
- Ensure that all-relevant Health and Safety Procedures are adhered to.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Ideally qualified to HNC / HND / Degree level in a relevant discipline and several years’ experience in system integration OR many years’ experience in systems integration with lower qualifications.
- High level of ability to understand and produce control system design documents.
- Strong understanding of technical project life cycle.
- Good to High Level of Software Experience with:
- E C & I System for in process and manufacturing environments
- PLC based control system architecture
- PLC, HMI & SCADA coding
- Integrated system testing of application software and the industrial hardware
- Machinery Safety design and associated standards
- On site commissioning of industrial control systems
- Working knowledge of industrial hardware systems:
- Control panel design and assembly
- C & I Site installation design
- Control system hardware LV distribution/MCC/PLC/Safety/instrumentation
- Hardware design documents (circuit schematics, I/O schedules, motor schedules)
- Preferred sector Food, Pharmaceutical/Fine Chemical & Material Handling/Logistics
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships with customers and internal personnel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with willingness to take on new skills & knowledge
- Good time management skills, and be able to demonstrate a structured and methodical approach to work load.
- Willing to seek appropriate assistance when required.
- A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with good team leadership skills.
- Good aptitude to learn from and influence others with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential.
- Ability to balance own objectives with those of the company’s and other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and approach to colleagues and customers.
- Willingness to undertake further professional development & training.
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.