In briefOPERATIONS/MAINTENANCE 2022-68582 2761 United States Permanent Beginner
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Helper / Assistant Field Operator15/09/2022
- Set up and provide support for operating various drilling equipment, sampling systems, geophysical instruments and other in-situ testing equipment following ConeTec’s procedures in a safe and productive manner.
- Become trained, company-certified and competent to operate numerous types of drilling equipment and other pieces of equipment within our extensive fleet.
- Provide timely assistance to Drillers, Engineers and Technicians as required.
- Assist with the mobilization and demobilization of equipment in hard-to-access environments.
- Assist with drilling operations handling heavy drill steel.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning on various pieces of equipment to ensure optimal performance.
Health & Safety
- Contribute to and respect ConeTec’s safety culture, first and foremost.
- Ensure knowledge of all necessary safe operating procedures before beginning any job.
- Report any incidents, infractions, or near misses to the Project Manager and the HSE Officer, immediately.
Other General Responsibilities
- Communicate with the Supervisor or Project Manager as to any equipment problems or needs, as well as any field observations that might be of use.
- Perform other shop functions as required.
- Seek ways to improve operating procedures/processes.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Experience or training relevant to drilling/sampling and/or heavy equipment operations/mechanics.
- Adequate operating time to demonstrate sufficient skills – the candidate may be subject to a working interview.
- Driver’s license (minimum Class 5 and Class 1 preferred) with a clean driving record.
- Completion of first aid courses, H2S alive, and/or other industry training is considered an asset.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks, including lifting, moving heavy materials up to 50 lbs., climbing, crawling as well as walking on uneven ground, and working long hours in all weather conditions.
- Electrical and mechanical skills are an asset but not required.
Soft Skill Requirements
- Must possess a strong work ethic and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must be responsible and work well independently or in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Must enjoy working outdoors and travelling for extended periods of time.
- Must enjoy performing a wide variety of duties and be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- This is a shift-based position.
- Candidate must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions
ConeTec is an international full-service geo-environmental and geotechnical site characterization contractor. We offer clients superior project management and site investigation services across the globe, with a large presence in the Americas and Australia.
ConeTec is known in the industry as a great place to work. We commit to all employees that we will provide a respectful, positive, and enriching work environment. We want you to look forward to going to work every day. We reward and recognize staff for exceptional contributions to the company. Our success is a direct result of th
ConeTec offers a comprehensive benefits package for all regular full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, 401k, long-term disability and life insurance, corporate stock incentives, a referral bonus, professional development and more.
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, and due to the requirement that employees be able to safely complete the tasks associated with this job position, a successful candidate may be required to take a pre-employment fit for duty test, including a drug and alcohol testing, and complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
ConeTec is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Key soil investigation, improvement and remediation provider Menard develops foundation solutions based on ground improvement and reinforcement technologies that eliminate the need for the deep foundations traditionally used to support surface structures. The Group operates throughout the infrastructure life cycle, offering expertise in soil investigation and remediation through its ConeTec and Remea brands.