En BrefINGENIERIE / ETUDES / METHODES 2022-71628 2763 Devonport, Angleterre Contractor (PAYE) Bac +4
Pour faciliter la lecture, le masculin générique peut être utilisé sur cette page; nos offres s’adressent cependant à toutes les personnes quel que soit leur genre.
Deputy Design Manager22/11/2022
Nuvia are recruiting for an experienced Deputy Design Manager to deliver the MoD’s submarine and warship programmes, a significant programme of infrastructure investment is required on the Devonport site. Remote working is an option with site presence around twice per month.
The primary purpose of the role is to ultimately assist and support the Design & Safety Manager in the delivery of project scope. This will include the likes of the following;
- Support the development, leadership, management and co-ordination of the technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing performance of Engineering and Design resource and making appropriate technical management decisions.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and supporting the leadership of the project’s technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Support the 14 Dock Readiness Design Manager to implement the project approach to Health, Safety and Environmental issues as applicable to design.
- Liaise with Engineering Services Technical Authority to ensure that Relevant Good Practice is employed.
- Demonstrate and promote the necessary safety culture within your area of responsibility and sphere of influence, continually assessing behaviours in your area.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences:
- Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- Sound understanding and application of relevant:
- Industry legislation.
- Industry Codes and Standards.
- Design Engineering Practices.
- Design Management (incl. Systems Engineering), planning and budgetary control.
- Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements.
- Knowledge of services design and installation
- Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council or working towards Chartered Engineer.
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
Nuvia - a subsidiary of VINCI construction - is an international company that operates across highly regulated sectors including Civil Nuclear and has a strong presence and history of delivery at nuclear sites in the UK and internationally. Nuvia is a performance-driven company that is committed to the development of its people within a culture of safety, innovation, and excellence.
NUVIA est une branche de VINCI, plus grand groupe intégré de concessions et BTP du monde. NUVIA est plus particulièrement l'entité nucléaire du Groupe VINCI et est impliqué dans le cycle de vie tout entier des installations nucléaires, du New Build au démantèlement, en passant par la maintenance et l'exploitation. NUVIA est en croissance constante, avec plus de 2700 salariés dans le monde. En moyenne, 100 hommes et femmes nous rejoignent chaque année. Maintenant, plus que jamais, nous recherchons de nouveaux talents pour soutenir la croissance du groupe.