En BrefINGENIERIE / ETUDES / METHODES AAN - Snr Functional Safety Engineer-63084 2763 Stanton Gate, Angleterre Contrat à durée indéterminée
Pour faciliter la lecture, le masculin générique peut être utilisé sur cette page; nos offres s’adressent cependant à toutes les personnes quel que soit leur genre.
Actemium Automation Nottingham - Senior Functional Safety Engineer (SIS)27/09/2022
Actemium Automation is an International Control Systems Integrator part of VINCI Energies with 12 offices across the country and over 250 engineers. We are looking to recruit a Senior Functional Safety Engineer (SIS) to join our expanding team in the Nottingham office. The ideal candidate will hold TUV qualification in Safety Instrumented Systems.
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Share Scheme + Pension + Healthcare
- Direct liaison with customers and internal design/management team
- Preparation and review of control system design build and testing specifications to the required standard.
- Design and testing of control systems in accordance with agreed specifications, applicable standards and legislative requirements.
- Onsite commissioning and testing of control systems while adhering to site regulations
- Review of the design and testing of control systems in accordance with agreed specifications, applicable standards and legislative requirements.
- Provide technical supervision of system design, build and installation personnel.
- Support Project Managers with project planning and progress/effort to come estimation.
- Support tendering activity with cost estimation, technical proposals & presentation.
- Ensure that all-relevant Health and Safety Procedures are adhered to.
- Continuously and proactively seek ways of improving the performance of internal systems, including the Functional Safety Management System to increase efficiency.
- Based on personal track record, be the recognised internal “expert” in the field of Functional Safety as applied to process plant.
- Mentoring and coaching of junior staff.
- Ideally qualified to HNC / HND / Degree level in a relevant discipline and 10 years’ experience in system integration OR 15 years’ experience in systems integration with lower qualifications.
- Hold TUV FS Eng in Safety Instrumented Systems.
- High level of ability to understand and produce control system design documents.
- Strong understanding of technical project life cycle.
- Good to High Level of experience in the delivery of Safety Related Control Systems, covering:
o Functional Safety Management
o Risk Assessment
o Design & Verification
o Testing & Validation
- Good Level of industrial hardware system design:
o Control panel design and assembly
o C & I Site installation design
o Control system hardware LV distribution/MCC/PLC/Safety/instrumentation
o Hardware design documents (circuit schematics, I/O schedules, motor schedules)
- Good appreciation of industrial software controls systems:
o E C & I System for in process and manufacturing environments
o PLC based control system architecture
o PLC, HMI & SCADA coding
o Integrated system testing of application software and the industrial hardware
o Machinery Safety design and associated standards
o On site commissioning of industrial control systems
- Preferred sectors Food, Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemical
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with willingness to take on new skills & knowledge.
- Good time management skills and be able to demonstrate a structured and methodical approach to workload.
- Right first-time approach to all aspects of work.
- Willing to seek appropriate assistance when required.
- A highly self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with good team working skills.
- Good aptitude to learn from and influence others with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential.
- Ability to balance own objectives with those of the company’s and other employees.
- Maintain a professional appearance and approach to colleagues and customers.
- Willingness to undertake further professional development & training.
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.