Earthworks Design Manager - Delivery M/F
VINCI Construction Terrassement (VCT) covers all earthworks activities in infrastructure projects and development works. It also includes standard engineering structures and drainage systems. As part of the “Balfour Beatty VINCI” Joint Venture, VINCI Construction Terrassement is involved in the High Speed 2 Project (HS2).
VCT is part of the VINCI Construction Group, a world leader in building and civil engineering (www.vinciconstruction.co.uk). Other divisions in the VINCI Group specialize in concessions, energy, roads and railways. VCT offers expertise adapted to all projects, from traditional construction contracts to PPP projects, in addition to the delivery of turnkey projects including maintenance and operations.
We are seeking for a Earthworks Design Manager to provide technical support to design management for Permanent and Temporary works, to challenge the design for safe and cost-effective solutions and manage the risks & opportunities. Reporting to the Delivery Detail Design Director (Main Line) you will:
- Oversee the design development of earth structures (cut, fill, landscaping,…) for one or several sublots and provide expertise to solve technical issues.
- Liaise with the Main Line Sublots to set up a consistent mass haul strategy and maintain an up to date mass movement.
- Leads the topsoil and subsoil design strategy.
- Oversee the management of risk and opportunity relating to design and construction
- Provide technical expertise to ensure realisation of opportunities and management of risks.
- Take the Technical Assurance role (check and reviews) of design deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of strategies and methods for management of materials. Support the material Team around specific lab Trials / site Trials / ITP’s.
- Advise on construction methods
- Ensure a relentless focus on Health, Safety and Welfare.
Requirements & preferred experience:
- Qualified Civil Engineer or geotechnical engineer
- Significant experience at a senior level in consultancy and/or a main contractor or earthworks contractor
- Experience of risk identification, quantification and mitigation
- Broad experience of all aspects of earthworks and reuse of soil and rocks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of computer literacy
- Experience and confidence to constructively challenge to optimise design solutions which balance project requirements, risks and constraints
- Equality & Diversity respect
- People management skills, effective delegation, mentoring, coaching and developing others
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
We offer :
- Competitive Salary & Car policy
- Company Shared Incentive Scheme
- Benefits package
Want to join a great project and be part of its success? Come and be part of our Team!