Airport Operations Maturity Assessment internship F/M
Reporting to the Operations Director and the Operations Project Manager (Intern Supervisor) the Airport Operations Maturity Assessment Intern will undertake a key project:
VINCI Airports strives for operational excellence and revenue optimisation across its global network of airports. To achieve this, VINCI Airports is on its way to Collaborative working implementation throughout its network to optimize operations. In this regards, as a first step, each VINCI Airports shall assess as soon as possible the maturity of their operations.
Mission & Objectives
The main objective for this project will be to assess how each VINCI airports manages its operations, recommend relevant best practice and provide a generic roadmap towards Operations Optimization via collaborative management:
Make a diagnosis of their actual situation, identifying and verifying the main operational challenges faced by the airport in terms of:
People and organisation
Asses and compare the results to common industry best practice regarding Collaborative Management
Plan and define requirements and guidelines to achieve Collaborative Management according to airport’s needs, profile and objectives.
Delivering the objectives will require research of Collaborative Management and Optimization of operations criteria and best practices, current and near future tools and technologies needed as well as engagement with the VINCI Airports Network.
Key objectives include (but not limited to):
Research industry guidelines and best practices to optimize operations.
Review the existing VA operations management policy related to collaborative way of working.
Survey and engage with the VINCI Airports network to:
Appreciate specific local infrastructures and environment as well as associated challenges
Determine what tools are deployed for operations management
Identify the organisation set up to manage the operations, including relationship with airport’ stakeholders
Specify process and procedures in place to manage operations – special attention to be given to adverse conditions procedures
Capture the return of experience on specific collaborative way of working implementation such as CDM and/ or APOC
Airports industry research to identify:
What are the main steps leading to Collaborative way of operating?
What are the basics – organisation, processes, procedures and tools – to be implemented to improve airport operations?
From the information obtained
Define the critical path for an airport to operate collaboratively
Define the minimum requirements and priorities for VINCI Airports network regarding collaborative operations
Consider each VINCI Airports maturity levels to determine a roadmap for implementation according to their needs and objectives
Prepare generic documents (benchmark, specifications, guidelines, etc.) for the use of VINCI Airports network
Prepare generic documents (specifications, tender)
- Generalist, Civil, Electro-mechanical, Industrial or aviation/aeronautical Graduate Engineer with high interest in airport projects and airport operations.
- Responsible for overseeing the successful completion of projects tasks.
- Knowledge of airport operations and security environment and airports in general is an advantage.
- Willingness to work in an international, multi-cultural, transversal (Operation, technical, maintenance,…) and business oriented context
- Rigor and developed communication/coordination skills.
- Outgoing, endowed with recognized relational qualities;
- Strong leadership, autonomy, proactivity
- Team player and self‐motivated / ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to convey, assimilate and summarise technical contents, project outcome and results internally or externally; to colleagues, clients or other stakeholders, in the form of reports or presentations.
- Language: Fluent English (mandatory, written and spoken), French (optional). Most of the discussions and documents will be in English.