Central Fleet Manager F/H
Nicholson has been both a leader and an innovator in the geotechnical construction industry since 1955. With regional offices across the United-States and headquarters located in Pittsburgh, Nicholson is a nationally renowned specialty general contractor, offering proven expertise in the design and installation of deep foundation elements, earth retention systems and ground treatment solutions. We pride ourselves on our ability to consistently provide our clients with innovative, high-quality design-build options for projects of varying size and complexity.
The Central Fleet Manager is responsible for coordination and reporting for the fleet of equipment used for the construction of our works. He/she oversees the supply of equipment that is appropriate, safe to use, compliant with legislation and regulations as well as being cost effective to operate.
· Overseeing Central Fleet mechanical, welding, electrical, instrumentation, inventory, and yard operations.
· Ensuring that the equipment is compliant with the latest OSHA regulations, updating the plant rules and guidelines, coordinating training for the operations and regional plant personnel on new equipment.
· Managing the staff and processes of the stores; procurement, fabrication; maintenance; accounts; design & engineering and resources teams.
· Managing the annual financial budget for both the department and CAPEX. Adjusting the operating costs of the department as required to suit workload and subsequent departmental income.
· Leading the digital transformation of our plant operations and enhance our tracking, and record keeping for the costs and performance of all fleet equipment.
· Tracking and reporting the fleet utilization and performance on a monthly basis, identifying assets for disposal, making recommendations to the President, and managing the disposal process to keep the fleet current and up to date.
· Managing the specialist construction equipment to suit our operational needs and working with suppliers to ensure that we have market leading solutions.
· Managing the subcontract transport services and the national agreements NCC has with rental companies, suppliers and equipment dealers.
· Building and maintaining relationships with external suppliers and building a portfolio of contacts in the industry.
· Managing our fabrication business – producing CAPEX assets and external sales.
· Overseeing the procurement team responsible for supporting operational activity with materials, services, plant and equipment.
· Representing the company at Federation of Piling Specialists.
· Act as liaison between Nicholson and other Soletanche Bachy Equipment Managers and the Soletanche Bachy Group’s Equipment Department.
· Assisting the Regional Plants (planning, auditing, ensuring the quality of the maintenance of the equipment).
The position is based out of our plant in Cuddy, PA, south of Pittsburgh, PA, and requires frequent travel (at least one week per month).
· Minimum of a Two-Year Degree in Mechanics or Materials Engineering
· 5-10 years working in a similar capacity within the construction industry, preferably in the foundation sector
· Strong organization, prioritization, problem solving skills, detail oriented
· Fluency in English, ability to speak and understand French would be an asset
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Proficiency in MS Excel and fleet management software with the ability to learn new computer programs, experience with Power BI is a plus
· Willingness to travel to regional sites