The Air Service Development Coordinator is key in delivering sustainable aviation business development by increasing traffic at the airport. The role requires strong airline business insights in identifying, analysing, attracting new route development opportunities, increasing the existing route network, developing tourism products and partnerships in Salvador.
Key missions of the position
- Market and benchmark studies
- Business cases creation and presentation
- Performance monitoring (traffic, capacity & load factors) and Dashboard management
- Traffic forecast and Traffic budget preparation
- Airlines / TO incentives negotiation inputs
- Relationship development with key partners of in catchment area
- Maintain and grow commercial relationship with airlines
- Attend and represent Salvador Bahia Airport at route development events and tourism fairs
- Be a global ambassador of Salvador and Bahia as a market and a destination
This is a highly visible role in the organization requiring excellent analytical skills, the Air Service Development Coordinator is operating and advising closely the Management team at Salvador Bahia Airport and at Vinci Airports group. The role will require regular national and international travels.
The Person Skills and Experience:
With demonstrable capability to take the lead on air service development functions, the candidate will have ideally held a similar role in an airport organization, in an international airline or in aviation consulting, with a solid understanding of Network Planning, Scheduling and/or Revenue Management functions.
Well respected professional, you can demonstrate:
· A good understanding of airline strategy in the area of network planning and destination product development
· A thorough understanding of the competitive landscape, industry developments and trends that could impact new route or traffic development opportunities
· Ability to identify risks and challenges which could impede growth projects
· Strong analytical skills to source, analyse and interpret internal and industry data relating to aviation stats (airports stats, MIDT or BSP, airline schedules, macro-economic indicators)
· Capable of building and managing data analysis using Excel and/or Access database and/or Dashboarding solutions
· Advanced presentation skills – i.e. in PowerPoint – to developing clear and thorough internal and external business cases related to new routes and traffic development projects
· Developed marketing skills to presenting information in a clear and appealing manner to airline clients and related parties
· A proven experience of negotiating airline / airport routes, and incentive contracts
· Bright and degree educated
· Highly numerate and analytical skills
· Good commercial negotiation and communication skills
· Collaborative, engaging and able to build long-term business relationships at all levels
· Excels at and loves relationship marketing. Hands-on, self-starter who is confident, outward facing and passionate
· Strong and engaging ambassador of Salvador Bahia Airport and VINCI Airports
· A natural fit to working alongside the Commercial team in SSA and with peers in the Vinci Airports group
· Confident and able to work under pressure, handle numerous parallel activities and make a quick and positive impact at SSA
VINCI Concessions designs, finances, builds and operates transport and public facilities infrastructure under public-private partnerships. VINCI's integrated construction-concession approach enables VINCI Concessions to develop solutions
that optimize the performance of projects for both client communities and users.
VINCI Concessions is Europe's major operator of transport infrastructure concessions.