Project Control Manager Senior F/H
Responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction, commissioning and project closeout phases of a development project with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost effective manner. He must have demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties.
To manage the project control resources required to deliver a multiple million pound cross functional engineering project.
• To support the project manager with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement.
• The management of the project cost control team including cost engineers, planners and QS
• Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
• Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
• Support programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
• Support and advice on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
• Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programmes in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors’ schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
• Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations
Ensuring the Project controls team produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
• Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
• Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple suppliers.
• Support and advice on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects
Support the development of requirements for specific resource-loaded schedules.