V.I.E - Site Engineer Spain F/M
About the project:
You will join an international company, in which you will learn from the best professionals in the world of construction. We have an extensive experience in construction infrastructures and urban development. Our business revolves around ambitious projects including roads, airports, quarries, industry and so on.
As part of the civil works team - this position will play a key role in supervising a specific work area. As such, your main missions are:
- Manage schedules and coordinate subcontractors on your perimeter (conduct and administer overall job planning and programming)
- Define and ensure the supply of the material needs of your perimeter
- Monitor construction progress and ensure the smooth running of the work
- Participate in the financial management of the project
- Monitor daily costs of all time-dependent elements on the project and implications
- Undertake cost controlling and estimating as required
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and requirements related to Quality Assurance, Occupational Health and Safety, and Environment
- Manage the construction team
You may be required to move outside of Malaga in the whole part of Andalucía.
Keep in mind this is a V.I.E, thus you have to be :
- A European citizen (Schengen space) aged between 18 and 28 on the date of registration, whatever training level.
- A graduate student, with a C1 level in English and if possible minimum knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Have never done any international volunteering in the past.
- Be in line with national services obligations of its home country (French candidates must have participated in the defense and citizenship day and be identified).
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Do not have worked previously in Spain.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· A recognized qualification (Bachelor/Master) in engineering and/or construction
· A first working experience for a major contractor in civil construction and infrastructure
· Fluent Spanish. English valuable
· A previous experience: one or two years on site will be valuable
· Strong interpersonal skills, open-mindedness, and curiosity - as you'll be working closely with construction teams, subcontractors, suppliers and more
· Excellent time management - working to ensure packages of work are completed on time and according to the program
· A demonstrable commitment to Health & Safety ensuring everyone goes home safe every day
· A previous international experience would be appreciated
· A driving license
This is a great opportunity for a site engineer to join an exciting project !