NSW Construction Manager
The position of NSW Construction Manager reports to the National Civil Operations Manager and is responsible for all projects and operations in New South Wales and large or technically challenging civil projects nationally and has broad general management accountabilities to ensure the successful and profitable delivery of numerous concurrent projects. To be considered for this role you must have experience in the following methodologies: Post Tensioning, Pre-cast Segmental Construction, Bridge Launching, Heavy Lifting, Cable Stay Bridges and Bridge Strengthening.
· Leading your direct report operations team, setting priorities, reviewing performance, assisting with recruitment on projects and management of staffing issues.
· Manage IR issues on your projects and work with construction managers when required.
· Forecast and manage project labor requirements and work with the construction managers to optimize the labor usage and quantity.
· Ensure projects are planned with enough lead time to ensure the project is set up to start on time in accordance with the program
· Oversee project safety performance, ensuring safety risks are managed and good safety practices are consistently adopted.
· Oversee commercial process and where required get involved in commercial management and contract administration issues for relevant projects.
· Know your contract and ensure that contracts are administered properly regarding delay claims and notification by engineers
· Support PE / PM to establish and manage the required arrangements with sub-contractors and suppliers.
· Strong client relationships to ensure expectations are defined and understood by all parties.
· Promote products, services and experience from past projects to support Project Engineers to increase scope and margin.
Freyssinet Australia Pty Ltd is a multifaceted specialist contractor providing innovative solutions for remediation, post-tensioning and specialist civil engineering. A member of the Soletanche Freyssinet and Vinci Groups, we have an unrivalled reputation in specialized civil engineering across the soils, structures and nuclear sectors. We have local branches in all states and are present in 100 countries around the world.