Senior Cargo Manager M/F
Reporting to the CEO – Manaus Airport, the Senior Cargo Manager will have the responsibility to optimise and develop the cargo operations at Manaus Airport (MAO).
The Senior Cargo Manager will also be responsible for driving forward and managing key cargo related projects that assist the CEO and COO in delivering the Cargo objectives of VINCI Airports – Brazil (Northern Cluster Airports and Salvador de Bahia Airport) – “Group”.
The position will have a proposal at Manaus Airport to optimize and grow all aspects of the cargo business. To ensure that cargo operations (excluding aircraft ground handling) are run in a safe, secure, and efficient manner, providing the best possible level of service to all cargo customers. At North Cluster Airports and Salvador Airport to develop cargo opportunities and grow the cargo business.
The responsibilities will be concentrated in P&L responsibility for cargo operations. Capital planning and major Repex for cargo operations. Manage and control budgets within the scope of the role, to the prescribed targets. Analysis and proposal of new cargo and logistics business models, and evaluation the economic and operational performance of the cargo business. Delivery of agreed cargo operations performance indicators and objectives in areas including (but limited to) Safety, security, and compliance, ccustomer Service, and lleadership and management.
Strategically, the position will contribute to the overall Manaus company strategy, definition and implementation of the cargo and logistics strategy in line with the strategy of Manaus and the Group, establishment of strategic partnerships with external parties to develop or diversify the Cargo business and enable the access to potential opportunities, monitoring the strategies, trends and best practices of the airport industry and other reference industries in terms of the applicability to the cargo and logistics activity, development of benchmarking studies in order to evaluate the cargo business trends, in international airports and in the local market, maintain up to date knowledge of market trends and key initiatives related to cargo and logistics. On top of this will lead a change management process, create, and manage an organisation capable of delivering projects and initiatives that will enable the achievement of the strategy and continuous operational improvements.
As one of the Senior Management Team, supporting the CEO and other managers is expected to take an active role in decision making, strategic planning and delivery of business plan, provide clear leadership, direction and the appropriate support for the cargo team then drive for results, represent Manaus leadership team to liaise and communicate with key airport stakeholders where appropriate, implement development plans and succession plans for your staff where appropriate.
Drive a customer focused culture by overseeing the customer experience strategy.
Qualifications in business, property, or project management (or similar) discipline. Proven experience in a similar role either at an airport or similar style of infrastructure Demonstrated experience in the analysis of various data. Demonstrated expertise in a multi-disciplined environment. Proven people management skills. Well-developed oral and written communication skills. A high level of computer literacy especially MS office applications. Self-starter, highly motivated and disciplined. Demonstrated high level conceptual thinking, creativity, and analytical skills. Proven negotiation skills. Able and keen to participate in regular travel. Proven ability to develop effective partnerships.
It is crucial to have proven experience on those fields:
Commercial (property aspect may be the responsibility of a property manager):
- Definition of an adequate pricing policy, consistent with the commercial strategy of each airport, the cargo related property market values and related asset use
- Regularly review cargo related contracts to maximise value and business growth;
- Promotion of new cargo and logistics business opportunities
- Preparation and development of selection procedures for cargo and logistics operators or service providers
- Contact with the real estate business partners, licensees or service providers
- Coordination of promotion and commercialization activities of potential tenants for cargo property
- Develop greater commercial capability within the Cargo team
- Ensure that best practice operational standards, policies, procedures, practices, and technology are deployed
- Define, document, measure, control and continuously improve the key processes and agreed SLA and KPI targets
- Ensure appropriate organisation structure and staffing levels (with required training and competency) facilities and equipment are available, to enable service delivery in line with regulatory guidelines and customer requirements in such a way that the service is recognised as a centre of excellence and best practice
- Overview of all cargo and logistic projects at the airports, allowing for the creation, development and retention of know-how
- Evaluate the satisfaction of the operators/service providers, in order to propose the implementation of corrective measures
- To work as a member of the Senior Management Team, supporting the CEO and other managers - taking an active role in decision making, strategic planning and delivery of business plans
- Provide clear leadership, direction and the appropriate support for the cargo team then drive for results
- Represent Manaus leadership team to liaise and communicate with key airport stakeholders where appropriate
- Implement development plans and succession plans for your staff where appropriate
Implement actions that will target priority areas to improve employee engagement, development plans and succession plans for your staff where appropriate.
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
We look for people who easily adapt to an ever changing reality, like to solve problems, be collaborative. genuinely embrace diversity, share a vision of the future, anticipate and promote changes, a quickly learner, who can unlearn and relearn.
VINCI is a world leader in concessions, construction and energy, active in nearly 120 countries. Our ambition, in response to the climate emergency, is to accelerate the transformation of living environments, infrastructure and mobility. We also aim to foster social progress by being a humanist group that exemplifies inclusion and solidarity. Powered by our economic performance and the engagement of our 218,000 employees, we forge a more sustainable world and fully embrace our role as a private sector partner working in the public interest.