The position of Design and Method Manger, Civil is responsible for centralized design team that provides service and expertise to the Civil business.
The Design and Methods Manager is responsible for delivering quality engineering deliverables of a project within the programme and under/within the budget.
This position is pivotal in the application of professional knowledge, expertise and leadership to ensure Freyssinet provides clients with high quality, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions.
This is a leadership position that has accountability for establishing objectives and managing the performance of direct reports.
This position has the following primary accountabilities:
- Apply knowledge and expertise to deliver design engineering solutions for projects.
- Act as a senior design representative for the business, liaising with clients and contractors.
- Apply engineering standards, methods and expertise to complex design requirements.
- Model scenarios and a range of solutions.
- Produce and maintain the required design documents and records.
- Understand the commercial context and ensure tenders and proposals have fully costed and fit for purpose design and resource estimates.
- Apply strong project management disciplines to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget.
- Follow the Engineering costs and ensure its remains under the budget( in collaboration with the Project Manager)
- Ensure our works are in line with our contract (in collaboration with the Project Manager)
- Provide forecasts and performance updates.
- Manage engineering resources and sub-contractors
- Keep up to date on innovative methods and approaches.
- Managing the design team and design program according to priorities and deadlines
- Provide guidance support and clarity to the drafting and design team, share experience and best practice.
- Centralizing the design requests from BD and operations from NSW and other states, agreed on deadline and objectives
- Provide clear directives and objectives to the team
- Follow the works performance
You will need experience in the following to apply:
- Steel and Concrete design (especially Prestressed)
- Detailing of Steel and concrete structures
- Construction Engineering in all types of complex bridges
- Temporary (especially steel) and enabling works design
- Conversant to AutoCAD software
- Conversant to structure analysis software
- Management experience - a strong leader
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or other relevant)
Please contact Rachel directly if you have any further questions
Freyssinet Australia Pty Ltd is a multifaceted specialist contractor providing innovative solutions for remediation, post-tensioning and specialist civil engineering. A member of the Soletanche Freyssinet and Vinci Groups, we have an unrivalled reputation in specialized civil engineering across the soils, structures and nuclear sectors. We have local branches in all states and are present in 100 countries around the world