In het kortENGINEERING / STUDIES / METHODEN Actemium Rail - Project Manager-64840 2763 Marston Green, Engeland Contract van onbepaalde duur
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Actemium Rail - Project Manager15/06/2022
Actemium Rail (Birmingham) are looking to recruit Full-Time, Project Manager in Electrical Installation (Rail), to Support our ongoing rail sector growth plan. We are currently seeing an increase in project awards for HS2 and Network Rail new builds, alongside infrastructure enhancements, resulting in a need to strengthen our in-house rail team.
Package up to circa 62k (Competitive Salary + company car or car allowance + healthcare + pension plan + company share scheme)
Responsible for all aspects of the project from conception to completion. The candidate would be expected to have at least 5 years of experience within this type of role. Knowledge of Rail processes and procedures would be advantageous but not essential.
Based at our Birmingham location, typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Overall responsibility for the projects and tenders in terms of financial performance, deadline compliance and technical performance of the work.
• Responsible for the management of projects under their authority.
• Bids, contract reviews and monitoring changes in the contract maintaining document control.
• Ensures the Quarterly Account Closing (EV) of their projects is properly carried out and the forecast estimates are duly performed.
• Manages the procurement and purchases for their projects.
• Responsible for the technical aspects of their projects.
• Participates in the preparation of the Business Unit's annual budget, Shared Strategic Plan (SSP) and their individual commercial action plan.
• Ensures that customer complaints and non-conformities are recorded, and corrective action is taken.
• Develops and manages key customer relationships, through regular reviews of contract performance with customers, understanding and managing needs and gaps.
• Proactively delivers a quality installation to the satisfaction of our customers.
• Reviews and approves project execution plans, health and safety plans, environmental plans, and safe method of work plans.
• Seeks opportunities for business growth both within and outside the existing contract base
Already a in a similar role or looking to progress from your current role, you will have a strong background in electrical engineering with demonstrable experience in design development, procurement, installation, testing, documentation and commissioning of the electrical element of projects
Technical skills, experience and qualifications
• Degree or HNC/HND qualified in Electrical engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
• Experienced in the Design of Low Voltage installation in industrial environment.
• Proven experience of working with and managing contracts within a traditional construction project using NEC3/4 & JCT contract deployment.
• Understanding of commercial issues affecting project performance and experience in assessing value Ievaluating variations of works undertaken.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with customers at all levels.
• Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
• Excellent communications skills, with the ability to simplify complex concepts both orally and in written form.
• Ability to deliver projects to demanding deadlines.
• Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others.
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.