In het kortENGINEERING / STUDIES / METHODEN 2022-70492 2763 Risley, Warrington, Engeland Contractor (PAYE) Mbo/vwo + +4
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Senior HVAC Engineer (Client Side)25/10/2022
We are actively recruiting for an experienced Senior HVAC Engineer, to support the AXIOM framework. This is a new exciting opportunity based in either Warrington or Westlakes, with hybrid working available.
The HVAC category focuses on issues relating to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning of plants and buildings across the Sellafield site. Due to the sensitive nature of the project further details will be provided on request.
Support to HVAC Categorised Projects will be required to support the HVAC Principal Engineer / SL RE to deliver numerous HVAC Categorised Studies & Projects. The role will involve the production and checking of engineering deliverables to support design development through concept and preliminary phases, and into detail design, and assistance during installation and commissioning borne design queries.
The role requires knowledge and experience in project delivery with experience of optioneering and front-end design and detail design. Specific responsibilities are:
- Production of technical and engineering reports.
- Manage Production of Mech/HVAC Drawings
- Production of HVAC/Building services calculations.
- Willing/able to conduct site survey & familiarisation at Sellafield site (Cumbria).
- Working with a small integrated design team in the delivery of design packages against milestones.
- Ability to estimate hours for scope changes or additional works along with outlining supporting schedule for the discipline.
- Support the Project in all aspects of HVAC and Building Services with knowledge and experience in nuclear standards and processes, specifically the delivery of the design of HVAC Systems or modification to existing HVAC Systems.
- Able to be client facing and demonstrate confidence as a subject matter expert hence able to support all stakeholders. This role requires interface with Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in Building Services Engineering or significant HVAC design experience.
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartership.
Knowledge and experience of UK regulations is essential.
- Knowledge of nuclear standards and site procedures (preferred but not essential).
- Awareness of EG_0_1738_1 - Ventilation of Radioactive Areas.
- Design of ventilation systems from basic principles which shall include but not limited to: -
- Review of room data sheets.
- Calculating airflow rates to enable duct sizing and pressure loss calculations for fan duties.
- Develop HVAC Fire and Control Philosophy.
- Knowledge & experience in nuclear containment ventilation.
- Experience in the production of HVAC system design deliverables, specifying heat rejection plant (eg. air / water cooled condensers, heat pumps and heat recovery systems of varying types. The design of HVAC systems for cooling industrial process environments.
- Production of system schematics / Engineering Flow Diagrams (EFDs).
- Knowledge of steam and condensate processes and steam system design.
- Use of industry standard software such as Hevacomp and Pipenet.
- Thermal modelling experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with other team members
Competent Report writing skills: clearly and concisely reporting findings.
Comfortable working under time and cost constraints.
Waarom ons vervoegen?
Nuvia is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries. Our expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by a highly trained, committed workforce and a wide range of specialist resources.
NUVIA est une branche de VINCI, plus grand groupe intégré de concessions et BTP du monde. NUVIA est plus particulièrement l'entité nucléaire du Groupe VINCI et est impliqué dans le cycle de vie tout entier des installations nucléaires, du New Build au démantèlement, en passant par la maintenance et l'exploitation. NUVIA est en croissance constante, avec plus de 2700 salariés dans le monde. En moyenne, 100 hommes et femmes nous rejoignent chaque année. Maintenant, plus que jamais, nous recherchons de nouveaux talents pour soutenir la croissance du groupe.