In het kortENGINEERING / STUDIES / METHODEN Actemium Automation Portsmouth - Project-63958 2763 Waterlooville, Engeland Contract van onbepaalde duur
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Actemium Automation - Portsmouth - Project Manager04/05/2022
Actemium Automation is part of the VINCI Energies group. Being part of this £12.5 billion organisation allows us to provide our customers with the resources, vitality and strength of a large, global company, while still delivering local, personalised service. Along with the other business units in the Actemium Automation family, we employ over 250 people at 12 locations across the UK
At Actemium Automation we deliver complete electrical, software, control, and automation solutions to our customers within the water and wastewater treatment, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries.
Package up to circa 60k: (Competitive Salary + Profit Share Scheme + VINCI Share Scheme + Pension + IET Membership + 25 days Holiday + Benefits)
About the role
An incredible career opportunity has become available for a Team Leader/Project Manager to join our project teams based in our Portsmouth office.
You get to run your team like a small business, but with the benefits and backing of the larger organisation. You take management, financial and contractual responsibility for your team’s projects and delivery strategy, ensuring proper planning and adequate resourcing, and you ensure that all contractual milestones are met efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition, you are an integral member of Actemium Automation’s management team, contributing to strategic decision-making and planning for the organisation.
You sell concepts, solutions and projects to clients, whilst simultaneously building long-term customer relationships to grow and meet the needs of the team strategy. A proactive team player, you strive to deliver high-quality work and the highest level of customer service.
- Commit to the whole life cycle of delivering projects, from quoting to completion
- Be forward thinking to identify any gaps and overloads that may
- exist in the team’s workload
- Lead a team of engineers, and when needed, contractors, sub-contractors, and work partners, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to quality requirements
- Identify, manage, and mitigate project risks
- Review and negotiate contracts
- Select and manage all sub-contractors required for completion of project
- Identify and manage any work outside of project scope, ensuring customers’ expectations are clearly set out and met
- Attend site for surveys/client meetings; onsite working may apply
- Review future project requirements for resources, and identify training and development opportunities for your team
- Understanding of PLC and SCADA control systems is required
- Experience working in an engineering environment
- Good communicator to all organisational levels
- Have a good attitude and business acumen with an entrepreneurial spirit; are adaptable, resilient, responsible and a happy team player
- General knowledge of contract is advantageous
- Able to lead a team through the highs, lows and challenges of project delivery
- Think outside the box and push boundaries
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Experience managing control systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.