In briefENGINEERING/DESIGN STUDIES/METHODS Actemium Mechanical Design Engineer-87796 2763 Daventry, England Permanent contract
To ease reading, the plural masculine form may be used on this page; our vacancies are however directed to persons of all genders
Actemium Mechanical - Design Engineer06/02/2024
Actemium specialise in the bespoke design and fabrication of process related projects working to Food Hygiene standards and operating under BS EN1090 classifications. We are looking to appoint a Design Engineer to join our team.
Competitive Salary + Pension + Healthshield + Share Scheme
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for creating 2D and 3D designs using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will also have a leading role in the development, improvement and implementation of new and existing mechanical standards while maintaining responsible engineering practices and safeguards.
Working predominantly in the Feed, Food & Beverage and Automotive sectors. Other sectors in development include, Nuclear, HVAC, Waste & Renewables
- Create 2D and 3D designs using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Create fabrication drawings and liaise with Project Managers and Workshop Manager to develop bespoke designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that designs meet customer needs and specifications.
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including drawings, specifications, and bills of materials.
- Provide technical support to customers and other team members as needed.
- Be able to deal directly with suppliers to obtain prices and delivery times.
- Create handover & documentation packs to includes drawings, material certification, weld procedures etc.
- Assumes responsibility for the project designs in terms of deadline compliance and technical performance of the work.
- Assist in the bid and contract reviews of the projects.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the project.
- Maintain and implement design standards.
- Other duties as assigned (equipment specification, special projects, site visits, etc).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Desired Characteristics:
- HNC or above in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Minimum of 2 years in an engineering related field.
- Experience with design and fabrication of steel and stainless-steel process equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate thoughts & ideas in a comprehensive manner.
- Willingness to travel to job sites or other fabrication shops (if required).
- Able to work competently both within a team and as an individual contributor.
- Customer focused and able to roll up sleeves and get involved in challenging projects.
- Able to take ownership for projects and work to time limits.
- Logical and analytical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal English Language skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organized administration skills
- Inspired and curious
- Reliability and dependability
- Calm professional manner
- Positive ‘’can do’’ attitude and proactive to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others.
- Accepting and driving changes
Knowledge and experience preferable:
- Working Knowledge of Food Industry
- Working Knowledge of Automotive Industry
- Structural steel design working to EN1090 accreditation.
- Pipework design including P&IDs & Weld Maps
- Process flow diagrams
- Site layouts and equipment layouts
- A working knowledge of:
Steam systems and energy
Pumps and pipe work
Sizing of motor/gearboxes for applications
Sheet metal development
- Tolerance of machined parts
Part of the VINCI Energies Group, Actemium provide engineering design, project management, installation and commissioning of electrical, mechanical and IT services in the United Kingdom since 1907. In addition, we provide specialist maintenance operations, fully complemented with accredited safety tests and inspection services to optimise the operational efficiency and safety of our client's equipment and systems. Whilst part of a global network of 300 Business Units, Actemium UK comprises of 7 Business Units covering all of the UK & RoI.